Okay… I’ll admit it – I have a slight obsession with any food that has “buffalo” in the name. Yes, that includes buffalo wings, buffalo chicken strips, buffalo chicken salad…. and the list goes on and on. This buffalo chicken taquito recipe has now topped my infamous “buffalo” list and I wanted to share it will all of you!
Let’s get to it!
4 cups of chicken, cooked and shredded (I prefer just to get a fresh-roasted chicken from the grocery store and pull the chicken off)
12 soft taco, flour tortillas
2 cup(s) of mozzarella cheese, grated
4 ounce(s) of Philadelphia cream cheese
1/3 cup(s) of your favorite hot sauce
1/3 cup(s) of milk
2 tbsp. of butter
1 tsp. of your favorite all-seasoning (I like Mrs. Dash)
1 tsp. of garlic powder
2 tbsp. of vegetable oil
- Kick the oven up to 425 degrees and let it preheat.
- Use the stove to melt butter in a small sauce pan.
- Combine the all seasoning (Mrs. Dash) and the garlic powder with the butter and cook for 1 minute.
- Drop the cream cheese in the butter mixture and stir until melted. Make sure the cream cheese is completely combined with butter mixture.
- Stir in hot sauce (I use a whisk) and milk and simmer for 5 – 8 minutes. You may want to add salt to taste.
- Add the chicken to the sauce.
- Lay out one tortilla at a time. Fill each tortilla with about ¼ – 1/3 cup chicken.
- Drop as much mozzarella as desired on top of the filling mixture on each tortilla.
- Roll each tortilla into a taquito-shaped roll and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Make as many taquitos as the chicken mixture allows.
- Brush taquitos with vegetable oil on all sides. Be sure not to drench them in oil or you will have a greasy mess.
- Bake for 15 – 18 minutes; rotate them every 5 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite bleu cheese or ranch dressing and celery sticks.